Property Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the apartment complex (physical asset) they are assigned to. They must work well in a team-oriented environment and be able to manage their assistant property manager and maintenance team (if applicable). In addition, they support in other areas outlined in other duties.
Pay Rate: Starting $15/hr. up to $25 hourly* plus incentives
Medical Benefits after probationary period, PTO and 401K Benefits after 1 year of employment.
*We take into consideration the following qualifications for $19+ pay rate:
- 2- 5+ yrs. experience with LIHTC program, HOME program and 811 program, Texas Property Code.
- 2- 5+ yrs. experience in Property Management
- CAM certification
- Valid United States Driver’s License and
- Valid Vehicle Insurance policy
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Timely collection of rents and other fees.
- Maintain daily inspections of curb appeal, signage, patios, common arears, grounds and parking lots.
- Answering phone calls and returning voicemails.
- Submitting maintenance requests and dispatching maintenance through internal Maintenance system.
- Maintain consistent communication with residents on payment plans and/or applying for rental assistance.
- Maximizing potential revenue by maintaining physical and financial numbers.
- Monitoring turnover and working with Maintenance Regional to complete make ready product.
- Accurately fill out and submit legal documents for the enforcement of evictions for non-payment of rent and breach of contract.
- Exercise sound judgement to minimize costs and contracted vendors.
- Issue resident violations and violation fees when needed.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships among all properties.
- Knowledgeable on all company policies and procedures.
- Tour vacant apartments to prospects and maintain a high closing ration with follow up.
- Complete rental applications that include running credit checks, criminal background checks and income verification.
- Work with Leasing Manager and the Compliance Department to process rental applications.
- Ensure the safety, comfort and privacy of all prospects, residents and business partners.
- Be familiar with competitors and their specials by completing mystery shops and/or completing a monthly market survey.
- Market vacancies on Facebook, Craigslist and any additional free advertisement sources.
- If applicable work with Marketing Director to market vacancies on paid advertisement sources.
- Review and explain TAA lease agreement, addendums and resident handbook to new residents.
- Inspect move outs in a timely manner and process a Security Deposit Disposition.
- Deescalate and resolve resident conflicts on the site level.
- Act as a runner for any outgoing files and/or monies when applicable.
- Complete daily, weekly, month reports when requested.
- Comply with local, state and federal Fair Housing Laws.
- Perform any and all tasks requested by the Regional Manager and upper management.
- Maintain a daily traffic log to be used by marketing personnel.
- Communication proficiency
- Excellent customer service
- Ethical Conduct
- Flexibility, multitask efficiently
- Time Management
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving
- Knowledge on contracts/discrimination laws
- If applicable, train, supervise and review performance of an assistant on-site manager and ensure quality control on employees’ duties
- Collaborate and assign day to day tasks of property team members
Here are the steps to applying:
Submit your Application
Submit your application and resume through email or our application platform.
Please fill out the Culture Index Survey once you receive a link through your email.
Someone in our team will reach out through call or text to schedule an appointment to interview.
Welcome onboard! We are always happy to have a new Tropicana family member. If you’re a fit, someone in our team will reach out!
Various Locations, El Paso, TX
The Multi-Family Property Maintenance Technician consists of working in all aspects of Tropicana’s internal Maintenance Service Company’s functions, supporting other Maintenance Teams and the Maintenance Regional Manager.
Starting pay: $14.00/hr