Join OUR TEAM!
AS A Physical Asset
join the team
AS AN Physical Asset
This position entails working with Uniform Physical condition Standards (UPCS) coordinator. In all aspects of Tropicana’s internal Maintenance Service Company’s functions. Assistant must be reliable and have a great eye for detail. Have technical skills, knowledge of various industry skills such as: Carpentry, plumbing, appliance, sheet rock repair, and electrical, etc., including but not limited to excel, word, and navigating through mobile applications. Leadership and technologically inclined are a must.
The goal is to ensure that our communities comply with all, if not exceed Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs regulations.
Assistant Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting communities to determine problems, necessary maintenance and identifying potential repairs.
- Support on-site maintenance staff.
- Preparing and allocating work accordingly.
- Direct special projects affecting properties.
- Evaluate property conditions and monitor preventative maintenance programs.
- Assist in reducing and control costs associated with maintenance and repair of communities.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Accurately monitor inventor of materials and equipment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Reliable Transportation
- Some basic tools
Tropicana Properties is a management company dedicated to offering affordable housing to low income families since 1999. It has been growing continuously due to the commitment to the community and it’s residents- most notably via social services programs including the homebuyer assistance program- “Let Tropicana Properties put you in a Tropicana Home”- which has helped dozens of families reach their dream of owning their home. Currently Tropicana Properties manages 34 properties throughout El Paso County with over 3500 units combined, and four additional properties opening by 2020.
Affordable & Quality Living